Did you ever think, “If only things weren’t so unpredictable and chaotic all the time, I might be able to get ahead?” For many people, the natural response is to back away from their aspirations, keep their heads down and play it safe, hoping that crazy times will get back to “normal.”
Yet it turns out that one of the most effective leadership 9 Power Tools revealed in Gloria Feldt’s book No Excuses: 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power is a counterintuitive skill that can help you not just survive, but thrive in times of change and disruption. Gloria calls it “Carpe the Chaos.”
In this engaging webinar, you will learn skills and insights that will enable you to turn chaos into opportunity, including how to:
- Think like Monty Python—see the bright side of any situation, and understand that whoever is most comfortable with the ambiguity created by change is most likely to benefit from it.
- See your moment and seize it. Paradigm shifts and innovation don’t happen in times of stability. Social and economic turbulence can be your friend–if you are open to new solutions, are willing to embrace controversy, and stay true to your values and convictions.
- Look through other eyes and consider how people in completely different fields or points of view might approach your problem and solve it.
- Appreciate the potential. Chaos signals boundaries are fluid so you can accomplish things you might not have been able to otherwise.
- Take the lead! Courage to act in the midst of chaos (and even when you are quaking in your boots) is the core of leadership, and the essence of a happy life.
Join us on Wednesday, January 21 when Gloria Feldt shares her 5 tips to turn chaos into opportunity!
With Gloria Feldt, co-founder and president of Take The Lead, the new women’s leadership movement to prepare, develop, inspire and propel women to take their fair and equal share of leadership positions across all sectors by 2025 and the author of four books, including the bestselling No Excuses: 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power.
When: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST