Pay is probably the first thing that comes to mind when you think about workplace negotiations and gender equality.
But in reality, individuals negotiate many other aspects of their careers, including bids for more satisfying and challenging roles.
Join us on Tuesday, February 21 and you’ll learn about a recent study conducted by Catalyst Inc. in partnership with Smith College Executive Education—Role Negotiation and the Pursuit of Hot Jobs—which explored two key questions:
- What can individuals—both women and men—do to maximize their access to the “hot jobs” that are so critical to career advancement?
- What can leaders and organizations do to help?
We’ll dive into these findings and others in more detail and then discuss:
- What does role negotiation look like in practice?
- As an individual, what can you do to successfully negotiate your role?
- As a manager, what can you do to empower your employees to negotiate their roles?
And finally, we’ll point you to two short and sweet tools that you can use (and share with others) to successfully negotiate your role and accelerate your career.
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET (US)